Monday, July 27, 2015

The Frenzied SLPs and SLP Strong





The Best Thing I Learned This Summer...

Well, the truth is I already knew about this, but let me say I re-affirmed that friendship is important. Very important. 

I was fortunate to attend a conference where I was able to meet up with some of my SLP friends from across the country. Some of us have collaborated online for quite a while, so we are not strangers!  However, several of us met in person for the first time. 





Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Pam, my roomie during the conference. She is wonderful! It was so great to meet in person!



Antics in the photo booth with Mia, Kelly and Lynda, four of your Frenzied SLPs.

Lynda, Tammy, Linda, Lisette, Ashley

Linda came all the way from New York. We had a chance to visit at length and I learned about her challenging job situation, but most important-I made a new friend. Lisette and I chatted about working in the schools and as medical SLPs, too. And this is the second time I have had the chance to meet up with Lynda. We’ve collaborated and shared for quite a while, but meeting up in person is just the best thing ever!


Marvelous Mia who recently posted about the importance of friendship. Yep, she gets it!

The tips and ideas learned at the conference were worth the price of admission, but the BEST part was the time I spent with friends. Priceless!!!

Remember, working together, makes us all STRONGER! 




7 comments:

  1. So cool that you were able to meet so many people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and useful time you had at the conference Tracy! Manda and I are really going to try to come next year- we hope we can meet you in person too. We hope you have a wonderful time back to school this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get to relive the memories! Looking forward to seeing you again!
    All Y’all Need

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting to meet up with friends! Glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you all got to meet! What great pictures, and it looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, my friend!! What a great post! Makes me miss you xo
    PEOPLE and relationships are what it's all about! We can't be reminded enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I long for meeting online SLP friends very soon! I am so glad you shared these awesome meet ups!

    ReplyDelete